Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Linda has asked that we all take part in this quiz. I haven't done it before, but here you go:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Aside from taking this quiz? Had a c-section.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions. Normally it's to get in better shape, but at this time last year I was just trying to enjoy my last pregnancy.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Aside from myself? No
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not sure, does my husband's grandfather count?
5. What countries did you visit?
St. Thomas - yeah I know it's technically part of the U.S., but they drive on the other side of the road for pete's sake!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 1st, the day my second son was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting promoted, while on maternity leave.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Uh, aside from the c-section? Thankfully not.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets to St. Thomas
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband's - I would not have made it through the fiasco with my parents without him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgages, then daycare
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Duh - the new baby! Oh yeah, and the new guy we have for president.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I have no idea, I don't really listen to much music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer?
a)a little sadder (the parent situation)
c)the same - surprisingly. Thankfully, the promotion took care of the added daycare costs.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home, with my three boys - hubby, the monkey, & the chipmunk
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Absolutely - wouldn't you have fallen in love with these two guys?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
So You Think You Can Dance?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't know if I would call it hate, but I have a strong dislike for the two people who raised me.
24. What was the best book you read?
I've only read fluff this year
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Does the Yahoo customizable radio station count?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
More time to sleep
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw I Am Legend this year
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 this year. I went to work.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having breastfeeding work out
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Pregnant, and then sleep deprivation.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Isn't that obvious?
35. Who did you miss?
Quite a few people
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That I've gotta take care of me first.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Help by the Beatles - the entire song
Now it's your turn. I especially want to hear what you & you have to say