Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Better

I just got back from the gym where I was able to run for five separate minutes! I was aiming for four, but for some reason I felt like I could do five - so I did! It wasn't five minutes all together, but that will come. I walked for about 15 minutes first and then ran for a minute. Then I walked for two minutes and then ran for a minutes. I kept this pattern up for the five separate running portions. I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

This time the shin splints weren't nearly as bad as last time. Actually the only thing that really bothered me were my feet. I think I might need to get different shoes once I start running for longer. Next time I'll aim to run for six minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, beginning a running program is one of the best excuses ever to get new shoes.
    I've used it like, five times.
    My husband isn't falling for it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately, that will only work for sneakers - too bad I can't use it for all kinds of shoes, huh?

    ReplyDelete