Friday, January 8, 2010

This sucks

It's almost six o'clock Friday evening and I'm still at work. I'm here until 6:15 - I normally finish at 4:15.

I'm still paying back my maternity leave. My employer doesn't offer what most people traditionally know as maternity leave. They will advance up to 240 hours of sick leave, which will then be paid back at the rate at which I earn it - 4 hours per pay period. And, that's assuming you take no other (advanced) sick leave for actually, you know, being sick.

Since I had the baby long over a year ago, and have only made headway on paying back about 35 hours, my employer is getting antsy about the amount still owed. Due to this, they "suggested" I work credit hours to have available should I, or anyone else I'm responsible for, get sick.

I've comitted to working 2 additional hours most Friday's until I have 24 hours saved up.

No one else is here.

I'm lonely.

I'm tired.

I can't wait to go home.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment